Sony PMW-F55 Camera
The PMW-F55 CineAlta camera shoots spectacular images with its 8.9 megapixels (effective) 4K image sensor. You get superb dynamic range, the widest colour gamut, and pristine image quality, whether you shoot in HD, 2K or 4K.
Multiple recording formats include MPEG-2 HD422, MPEG4 SStP, XAVC 2K/HD, XAVC QFHD/4K and 16-bit RAW 2K/4K*. You can have simultaneous recording on internal high-speed SxS PRO+ memory cards and RAW 2K/4K recording on sleek AXSM™ memory cards using the optional bolt-on AXS-R5 recorder, designed specifically to attach seamlessly to the F55 and F5 cameras. There is also high speed shooting up to 240 fps RAW 2K and 60 fps in RAW 4K recording onto the AXS-R5. Recording directly in Apple ProRes codec and Avid DNxHD codec are also available options.
The F55 is exceptionally small, light and modular, letting you build up the right configuration for each job – or each shot. The camera includes cache recording functions and has an easy-to-access customised user menu that sits on top of the setup menu. As well as the choice of formats and internal and external recording options, you can attach a variety of viewfinders, including the revolutionary optional DVF-EL100 OLED viewfinder, PL-mount, FZ-mount and still lenses, including second-generation Sony PL-mount lenses, and extra long-life Olivine – Lithium Iron Phosphate – batteries. The chassis is only slightly wider than a typical PL-mount prime lens, perfect for 3D rigs. An optional shoulder rig provides for hand-held and shoulder-mounted shooting.
- Main PSC Camera – Documentary and Actuality
- Super 35mm equivalent 4K single-chip CMOS sensor with Frame Image Scan technology
- 16-bit RAW 2K/4K recording options with bolt-on AXS-R5 recorder
- AXS-R5 records onto ASXM™ memory cards
- Choice of HD/2K/4K internal recording formats
- High speed shooting up to 60 fps 4K and 180 fps 2K internally and 240 fps 2K RAW with optional AXS-R5 recorder
- Next generation high-speed SxS PRO+ memory card
- Simultaneous RAW and onboard camera SxS recording
- Real world workflows with Avid DNxHD codec and Apple ProRes codec recording options
- Vast exposure latitude to 14 f-stops
- True colour technology and S-Gamut/S-Log3 options
- Choice of viewfinders includes amazing OLED technology
- Optional shoulder rig
- Small lightweight design for added versatility in 3D
- Incredible flexibility with the choice of PL-mount, FZ-mount and still lenses
- A new generation of Sony PL-mount lenses
- Intuitive one-touch interface and customisable user menu
- Real-time 4K output and other vital connections
- Long-life Olivine battery and quick charger
- Revolutionary electronic Frame Image Scan