Sony PMW-200 Camcorder
The PMW-200 is a favourite file-based professional camcorder for shooting PD’s or AP’s with HD 422 50 Mbps recordings this camera is ideal for a wide range of shooting conditions.
Building on the unparalleled success of the Sony PMW-EX1/R, the PMW-200 is the first handheld camera in its class to be equipped with three large, newly developed 1/2-inch Exmor CMOS sensors which provide excellent sensitivity and depth of field characteristics. Recording in Full HD 422 at 50 Mbps, the PMW-200 offers exceptional performance, operational versatility and workflow efficiency.
The Camera records on to two SxS Memory Card which allows for around four hours of continuous recording, with two hours of HD 422 50 Mbps recorded on each 64GB SxS Memory Card. It will also accept consumer recording media, including memory stick, SD card and XDQ card with an appropriate adaptor for emergency use.
The PMW-200 is supplied with a 14x Fujinon lens for remarkable picture quality and flexible creative control with three independent rings with end stops. The PMW-200 can also record in a range of different formats as well as being compatible with other XDCAM HD 422 and XDCAM EX equipment. The high-quality MPEG HD422 50 Mbps recording is fully compliant with the latest EBU recommendations for long form broadcast production and is widely accepted in broadcasting stations and production houses. This capability ensures the PMW-200 is ideal for a wide range of different applications, including newsgathering and documentary production.
- Main PSC Camera – Documentary and Actuality
- 2nd Camera (to PMW-F5, PMW-F55 or other main camera)
- Some Hidden Camera Applications (see our PMW-200 Bag Camera)
- Three 1/2-inch type ExmorCMOS Full HD sensors for a wide range of shooting conditions
- 14x Fujinon professional HD zoom Lens with three independent rings with end stops
- Optical SteadyShot and LCD panel for focus assist functions
- High quality MPEG HD 422 recordings
- Switchable recordingsfor greater flexibility
- Continuous recordings for easier ingest
- Slow and quick motion from 1 fps to 60 fps
- Cache recording
- Two SxS Memory Card slots
- Multi-camera operation
- Planning metadata automatically recorded
- Shutter angle setting similar to a film camera
- Slow shutter and extended slow shutter
- Full auto mode for exposure control
- HD/SD-SDI and HDMI Interface
- Connection to PC or Mac
- i.LINK interface
- Four hours of use with a BP-U battery
- 4 channels 24-bit 48 kHz audio recordings
- Aspect mask to show safety area
- Assign buttons, menu control and output setting for greater flexibility
- Power on Quick Rec to help get up and running quicker