Sound Devices PIX 240i Recorder
The portable PIX 240i is our first choice mini in-field portable recorder/player, it simplifies any production and post-production environment
bringing edit-ready Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD recording to SD/HD-SDI or HDMI equipped video cameras. The PIX 240i record and play back Quicktime
files to either removable CompactFlash cards or removable 2.5-inch solid-state drives. Both CompactFlash and SSD media are formatted by the PIX
recorders as exFAT volumes that are directly mountable, readable, and writable in Mac OS and Windows; ready-for-editing directly from the recorder.
The video input on the PIX 240i has extensive compatibility with our wide range of cameras. Its BNC input accepts 12-bit 3G SDI (4:4:4 RGB or YCbCr),
HD-SDI, SDI. Its HDMI input accepts high-definition and standard-definition video. With its 3G-SDI 4:4:4 input, recording to ProRes 4444 offers recordings
that are perceptually indistinguishable from the original source material.
The PIX 240i features a powerful frame rate converter. Up, down, cross-conversion and pull-down removal give users the ability to record files
in a customer-requested rate, even rates not supported by the camera. The on-board high-accuracy ambient time code generator makes the PIX 240i right
at home on any production from simple single camera shoots, to complex multi-camera sync-sound productions.
With its 5-inch, IPS display, the PIX 240i becomes an accurate field monitor for production cameras.
With its deep expertise in production sound, Sound Devices included no-compromise audio performance into the PIX 240i. Its full-sized XLR audio inputs accept microphone or line level signals.
Microphone-level inputs offer 48 V phantom power, input limiters, and sweepable high-pass filters. Inputs can also be set to accept AES3 digital audio, up to four channels. Audio inputs offer selectable audio delay. Since video cameras often introduce several frames of delay because of internal processing, audio signals connected directly to the PIX 240i can be delayed up to 500 ms to accommodate that delay and provide perfect synchronisation between video
and audio signals.
- Hidden Cameras
- Bag Cameras
- Field Recording
- or anywhere that is not restricted by size
- 4:4:4, 12-bit recording
- 5-inch IPS (In-Plane Switching), glossy, 800x480 pixel LCD display
- Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD codec at multiple data rates
- Quicktime file type
- 12-bit input and output video resolution
- Monitor functions including False Color, Zebra Stripes, 1:1 Pixel Mapping, Peaking Filter
- Built-in hardware based frame rate converter and de-interlacer
- Up/Down/Cross Conversion of 480i, 525i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Aspect ratio conversion
- 3:2 Pulldown Removal
- High-accuracy built-in time code generator, with genlock and word clock output (PIX 240i only)
- Ultra low-noise (-128 dBu) mic preamps with phantom, limiters, line input (based on 7-Series recorders)
- Ability to defeat audio output delay while maintaining audio/ video sync on recorded file
- CompactFlash or removable 2.5-inch solid-state drive file storage with media spanning, UDF format for Mac OS and Windows compatibility
- Large, illuminated, tactile buttons for fast and simple menu control
- Simultaneous HDMI and HD-SDI output (PIX 240i only)
- 336-core, 32-bit massively parallel processor with 1.2 TeraOps for efficient video encoding
- 10-18 VDC and dual L-series battery powering
- Metalized, molded carbon fiber chassis