Canon XF305 Camcorder
The XF305 is a long standing favourite file-based professional camcorder for shooting PD’s or AP’s. The camera is ideal as it is small and lightweight but combines an MPEG-2, 50Mbps, 4:2:2 codec with a Canon L-series lens and 3 Full HD CMOS sensors. The superb HD video is captured on industry-standard MXF files and stored on tried and trusted CF cards.
The shooter has the freedom to alter the capture rate, giving additional creative flexibility, with wide range of frame rates is available from 12 to 50 fps. The XF305 has HD-SDI output, outputting uncompressed Full HD with embedded audio and Timecode. The Genlock In and Timecode In/Out allow the XF305 to be used in a multi-camera shoot and the audio can be captured via twin XLR inputs and/or with the front-mounted stereo microphone. The camcorder comes with a built in 10.1 cm (4”) LCD screen can be positioned either side of the camera.
- Main PSC Camera – Documentary and Actuality
- 2nd Camera (to C300 or other main camera)
- Some Hidden Camera Applications (see our XF305 Bag Camera)
- MPEG-2 MXF recording to CF cards at up to 50Mbps (4:2:2)
- 18x wide angle Canon L-series lens
- 3 x 1/3 type Full HD Canon CMOS sensors
- HD-SDI, Timecode, Genlock
- 10.1 cm LCD (1.23M dots); 1.3 cm (1.55M dots) EVF
- Variable frame rates